SDK and Studio (3.2.0.v20130412191647)
You can either download the 3.1.1 version of Titanium Studio here, or update your existing version to 3.1.1
- Download and install VMware Fusion for Mac or VMware Player for Windows. This is for the BlackBerry 10 simulator. We have tested using the most recent version 5.0.0.
- From the BlackBerry developer site download and install the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK.
- From the BlackBerry developer site download (scroll a bit down the page) and install the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator.
- On Mac start up the simulator by running the following command: BlackBerry10Simulator-BB10_0_09.vmwarevm. The command is typically located at ~/Virtual Machines.localized/BlackBerry10Simulator-BB10_0_09-386, though it will also install by default an alias on your desktop.
- When the simulator starts up in the lower left side of the simulator display is an IP address--please note the number.
- Launch Titanium Studio
- Copy the URL of the SDK from the link under the platfrom logo.
- Follow the instructions here. That link also contains instructions on how to download continuous integration builds from the "master" branch (3.1) if you are targeting a specific fix.
- In the BlackBerry NDK Home box put the path to the NDK downloaded in step 2. It by default lives in /Applications/bbndk on Mac.
- In the Simulator IP box enter the IP address you noted in step 5.
Running on the Emulator
Create a new Titanium project, choosing BlackBerry as one of the platforms. Select the project in the project explorer, select the Run drop down and choose BlackBerry Simulator.
Running on Device
- Make sure that the device IP in the preferences match the one you get once you turn on the Development Mode on the device (usually 169.254.0.1).
- Add the path to the debugtoken.bar file. For information on acquiring signing keys and creating the debugtoken.bar file see the BlackBerry developer site. Note the key store password.
- Click the project in the project-explorer. Then click the green Run icon on the project-explorer and select Run on BlackBerry Device.
Distributing your Application
- In the Titanium Studio Preference Panel enter the key store password from step 2 above.
- Select the location of where you want to place your signed application.
- From the project-explorer select Distribute.
Introduction to Titanium BlackBerry 10 development